Best Mate, was one of the most famous and popular British National Hunt Horses of the 20th Century. The only horse to have won three Gold Cups since Arkle achieved a three timer in the 1960s and Golden Miller’s five timer in the 1930s. Our client was the horse’s trainer, Henrietta Knight.
To efficiently and cost effectively manage mass public interest in Best Mate whilst also raising funds for the owner’s preferred charitable causes.
A Threefold solution:
· Two Open days attracting tens of thousands of fans and national and local television and racing/equestrian media coverage
· The development of a Best Mate logo and charity gift collection
· The launch and management of both a ‘fan club’ site for the horse and linked site for Henrietta Knight and the lateTerry Biddlecombe as racehorse trainers.
· A win-win high profile for the trainers and horse, attracting new owners to the yard
· Tens of thousands of pounds raised for charitable causes through Open Day ticket sales, sponsorships and charity auctions; plus merchandise sales.
Project Period: 2001-4
Last updated: 2005